This forms the final part of Derma Medical’s accredited training pathway in the delivery of nonsurgical cosmetic injectable treatments. Stage 3 candidates will be examined on theoretical and practical content covered in Stage 1 and Stage 2. By passing stage 3 assessments, candidates will receive accredited certification in the delivery of nonsurgical cosmetic injectable treatments that demonstrate their ability to meet 2018 HEE guidelines.
The course fee includes a £60 registration fee and £200 moderation fee charged by Ofqual per enrolled delegate. Any resits will attract additional resit fees as detailed at the bottom of this page.
Candidates sitting Stage 3 assessments must complete the following components to achieve fully accredited certification in cosmetic injectables:
1) PORTFOLIO ASSESSMENT
A completed skills log signed-off by a clinical supervisor demonstrating satisfactory completion of:
– 10 observed Botulinum Toxin treatments
– 10 supervised Botulinum Toxin treatments
– 10 observed Dermal Filler treatments
– 10 supervised Dermal Filler treatments
2) SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS (SAQ)*
You will complete 34 Short Answer Questions (of 100-800 words). This coursework is completed in your own time and covers each of the core course units:
– Skin anatomy, physiology and the ageing process
– Principles and practicalities of Botulinum toxins in Cosmetic medicine
– Principles and practicalities of Dermal fillers in Cosmetic medicine
– Cosmetic psychology, patient assessments and consultations
– Ethics, law and professional body guidance
3) OBJECTIVE STRUCTURED CLINICAL EXAMINATION (OSCE)*
You will come in for an assessment day comprising of eight Simulation OSCE stations. These stations will cover practical elements of dermatology, principles of treatment, cosmetic psychology, and the theory and practise of botulinum toxins and dermal fillers. Delegates are allowed a maximum of 1 hour per OSCE station and all assessments will be videoed in line with Oqual regulations. Examinations are standardised according to set templates and examine each aspect from consultation to aftercare. All examinations are conducted by clinical supervisors and subject to external verification for quality control, fairness and standardisation.
* Assessments are graded on a pass/fail basis. Delegates can retake failed assessments subject to our resit fees. SAQ resits are charged at £150 + vat per section (with a maximum charge of £600 + vat for all sections). OSCE resits are charged at £150 + vat per OSCE station (with a maximum charge of £600 + vat for all sections).